by Jeff Fang
Spongebob is one of the most popular cartoon shows to have ever aired. Featured on the kids' television network Nickelodeon, Spongebob follows the story of a group of aquatic friends who live in the fictional underwater city of Bikini Bottom.
If you were a 1990s or 2000s kid and watched Spongebob, you know just how funny and influential it was. Hopefully, some of these following Spongebob quotes can jog your memory and provide you with some nostalgia.
Here are 80 of the best Spongebob quotes of all time!
Best Spongebob Quotes of All Time
Between funny quotes about Krabby patties from the main character Spongebob to meaningful quotes on life from Plankton, you're sure to find some amusing quotes on this list.
Funny Spongebob Quotes
A good laugh never hurt anybody, and Spongebob is full of gut-busting moments to help you do just that. Here are some of the funniest Spongebob's quotes to ever air to help make you laugh.
- “I’ll have you know that I stubbed my toe last week and only cried for 20 minutes.” – Spongebob Squarepants.
- “This is not your average, everyday darkness. This is… ADVANCED darkness.” – Spongebob Squarepants.
- “It’s evil. It’s diabolical. It’s lemon-scented. This Plan Z can’t possibly fail!” – Plankton.
- “I’m so loyal, I don’t mind sleeping out in the cold, hard ground while Captain Krabs sleeps in his warm, dry tent.” – Spongebob Squarepants.
- “Dumb people are always blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are…” – Patrick Star.
- “Don't you have to go be stupid somewhere else?” – Sandy Cheeks.
- “Hello? Where’d everybody go? Did I miss something? Did you see my butt?” – Patrick Star.
- “Hey Patrick, I thought of something funnier than 24… 25!” – Spongebob Squarepants.
- “Squidward… I used your clarinet to unclog my toilet!” – Spongebob Squarepants.
- “I’ve waited years for this moment. I’m gonna go in there, march straight up to the manager, look at him straight in the eye, lay it on the line, and – I can’t do it!” – Patrick Star.
- “Give to the Children’s fund? What have the children ever done for me?” – Mr. Krabs.
- “It started out as a simple order. A Krabby Patty with cheese. When the customer took a bite, NO CHEESE!” – Mr. Krabs.
- “Squidward, you’re steaming. You’re like a steamed vegetable, only smarter!” – Spongebob Squarepants.
- “Oh Karen, my computer wife, if only I could have managed to steal the secret to Krabs’ success. The formula for the Krabby Patty…Ohhh…Then people would line up to eat at MY restaurant! Lord knows I’ve tried. I’ve exhausted every evil plan in my filing cabinet…from A to Y!” – Plankton.
- “We should take Bikini Bottom and push it somewhere else!” – Patrick Star.
- “Gary, I’m absorbing his blows like I’m made of some sort of spongy material.” – Spongebob Squarepants.
- “I wumbo, you wumbo, he-she-me wumbo. Wumboing, wumbology, the study of wumbo! It’s first grade Spongebob.” – Patrick Star.
- “His chops are too righteous. The helmets can’t handle this level of rock n’ roll! Karen, do something!” – Plankton.
- “One hundred and one dollars for a Krabby Patty?” – Squidward.
- “Is mayonnaise an instrument?” – Patrick Star.
- “Somebody call the police! There’s a pants thief on the loose!” – Spongebob Squarepants.
Best One Liners From Spongebob
Spongebob is full of humorous one-liners that are perfect phrases to put on your fridge, set as your wallpaper or just keep in your back pocket in case a situation arises when it might be of use. Here are some of the best one-liners from various characters in Spongebob.
- “If I were to die right now in a fiery explosion due to the carelessness of a friend…. Then it would just be alright.” – Spongebob Squarepants.
- “Oh well, I guess I’m not wearing any pants today!” – Spongebob Squarepants.
- “And tonight, after my big promotion, we’re gonna party till we’re purple.” – Spongebob Squarepants.
- “Isn’t this great Squidward? Its just the 3 of us. You, me, and this brick wall you built between us.” – Spongebob Squarepants.
- “Can you give Spongebob his brain back, I had to borrow it for the week.” – Patrick Star.
- “I knew a guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy’s cousin…” – Spongebob Squarepants.
- “The Krusty Krab pizza is the pizza for you and me.” – Spongebob Squarepants
- If there’s one thing we Atlanteans enjoy, it’s a healthy dose of dark humor!” – Lord Royal Highness
- “Nonsense, my vocabulary is infinitely expanding!” – Patrick Star.
- “A Triple Gooberberry Sunrise, huh? I guess I could use one of those.” – Spongebob Squarepants.
- “We don’t need television…not as long as we have our imagination.” – Spongebob Squarepants.
- “I was trying to tell you that I was choking on snow but the snow melted and turned into water and I drank all the water now I’m better.” – Patrick Star.
- “I have a square head and a real ghost has a round one. All we have to do is make my head round and boo, I’m scary!” – Spongebob Squarepants.
- “Don’t you DARE take the name of Texas in vain.” – Sandy Cheeks
- “Run Mr. Krabs! Run like you’re not in a coma!” – Spongebob Squarepants.
- “You don’t need a license to drive a sandwich” – Spongebob Squarepants.
Iconic Spongebob Quotes To Drop In Conversation
Conversations can be dry sometimes and in need of spicing up. What better way to do that than to drop a Spongebob quote? Here are some of of most iconic Spongebob quotes to drop into your everyday conversations.
- “Moss always points to civilization.” – Spongebob Squarepants
- “See, no one says ‘cool’ anymore. That’s such an old person thing. Now we say ‘coral’, as in ‘That nose job is so coral.’” – Pearl Krabs.
- “Can I be excused for the rest of my life?” – Spongebob Squarepants.
- “A five letter word for happiness…money.” – Mr. Krabs.
- “The best time to wear a striped sweater…is all the time!” – Spongebob Squarepants.
- “Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets.” – Spongebob Squarepants
- “So much later that the old narrator got tired of waiting and they had to hire a new one.” – Narrator.
- “F is for a fire that burns down the whole town, U is for Uranium…bombs! N is for no survivors!” – Plankton.
- “I guess hibernation is the opposite of beauty sleep!” – Patrick Star.
- “The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma.” – Patrick Star.
- “There it is. The finest eating establishment ever established for eating. The Krusty Krab, home of the Krabby Patty, with the Help Wanted sign on the front. I’ve waited years for this moment. I’m gonna go in there, march straight up to the manager, look at him straight in the eye, lay it on the line, and.. I can’t do it!” – Spongebob Squarepants.
- “Listen here, ya little barnacle. No one and I means no one can ever know about this. It’ll be the end of you, it’ll be the end of me. And worst of all, it’ll be the end of me!” – Mr. Krabs.
- “Ah, a few blobs of ink doesn’t prove a thing. I’m as evil as ever, I’ll prove it right now by stealing the Krabby Patty secret formula.” – Plankton
- “I’m hotter than a hickory smoked sausage!” – Sandy Cheeks
- “It's just a cruel reminder that I'm single and likely to remain that way forever.” – Squidward.
Various Spongebob Catchphrases To Jog Your Nostalgia
Every Spongebob character has certain phrases that are more memorable than others. Here are some catchphrases from Spongebob that are sure to job your memories.
- “Well, it’s no secret that the best thing about a secret is secretly telling someone your secret, thereby adding another secret to their secret collection of secrets, secretly.” – Spongebob Squarepants.
- “Being grown up is boring. Besides, I don’t ‘get’ jazz.” – Patrick Star.
- “Look at all the hip young people eating sal-ads.” – Spongebob Squarepants
- “Well, the way I see it, there are three possibilities: One, you stole it; two, you stole it; or three, you stole it!” – Mr. Krabs.
- “Too bad SpongeBob’s not here to enjoy Spongebob not being here.” – Squidward.
- “Two words, SpongeBob. Na. Chos.” – Patrick Star.
- “Ravioli ravioli, give me the formuoli.” – Spongebob Squarepants.
- “Aye-aye, captain!” – Spongebob Squarepants.
- “Tartar sauce!” – Spongebob Squarepants.
- “Karen, my computer wife…'/'Computer wife…” – Sheldon Plankton.
- “Sweet mother of Pearl!'/'Mother of Pearl!” – Mr. Krabs.
- “Come spend your money here!” – Mr. Krabs.
- “Everybody’s a critic.” – Squidward.
- “Once upon a time there was an ugly barnacle. He was so ugly that everyone died. The end!” – Patrick Star.
- “I don’t need it. I don’t need it. I definitely don’t need it. I don’t need it. I don’t need it. I don’t need it. I don’t need it. I… need… it!” – Spongebob Squarepants.
- “How did I ever get surrounded by such loser neighbors?” – Squidward.
- “Holographic Meatloaf? My favorite!” – Plankton.
Meaningful and Deep Spongebob Quotes
Quotes are great for putting a smile on your face, but they can also be good reminders of how we should live life. Though Spongebob is a humorous TV show, there are certain deep moments that can make us reflect on our own situations. Here are some of the most meaningful quotes from Spongebob.
- “Sometimes we have to go deep inside ourselves to solve our problems.” – Patrick Star.
- “We shall never deny a guest even the most ridiculous request.” – Mr. Krabs.
- “You never really know the true value of a moment, until it becomes a memory.” – Spongebob Squarepants.
- “You’ll never get what you want if you always let people step on you.” – Sheldon Plankton.
- “After going on your life-changing journey, you now realize that you don’t want what you thought you wanted. What you really wanted was inside you all along.” – Squidward.
- “Home is where you’re surrounded by other critters that care about you.” – Sandy Cheeks
- “If you believe in yourself and with a tiny pinch of magic, all your dreams can come true.” – Spongebob Squarepants.
- “No one can change a person, but someone can be a reason for that person to change.” – Spongebob Squarepants.
- “It’s not always what you say that matters, sometimes it’s what you don’t say.” – Mr. Krabs.
- “With imagination, you can be anything you want.” – Spongebob Squarepants.
- “Always follow your heart unless your heart is bad with directions.” – Spongebob Squarepants.
- “Knowledge cannot replace friendship.” – Patrick Star.
Recap: Best Spongebob Quotes of All Time
No matter how old you are, Spongebob is sure to put you in a good mood. Between the diverse set of characters, funny situations, and witty dialogue, the show is truly a classic kids TV series that will be remembered for a long time to come.
Spongebob Squarepants quotes are great for bringing back childhood memories and reminiscing about the past. Most of them are funny, but some actually provide some useful life advice.
This post has revealed some of the most memorable Spongebob quotes of all time. Whether you're looking for a unique Instagram caption or just something funny to drop into your everyday conversations, look no further than these quotes!
Website | + posts
Jeff is a current Harvard student and author of the blog Financial Pupil who is passionate about learning, living, and sharing all things personal finance-related. He has experience working in the financial industry and enjoys the pursuit of financial freedom. Outside of blogging, he loves to cook, read, and golf in his spare time.
What is the most popular SpongeBob quote? ›
"The best time to wear a striped sweater is all the time." "Can I be excused for the rest of my life?" "I'm ugly and I'm proud!" "F is for friends who do stuff together!"What is SpongeBob's catchphrase? ›
"I'm ready!" "Order up!" "Aye-aye, captain!" "Barnacles!"
- The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie. "Hello! ...
- Squid's Day Off. "Me Arms!" ...
- Squeaky Boots. "Stop It! ...
- Krusty Love. "Awwwww." ...
- Imitation Krabs. "What Is Today But Yesterday's Tomorrow." ...
- Driven To Tears. "I Used To Have A Kidney Stone. ...
- My Pretty Seahorse. ...
- The Nasty Patty.
Eugene Harold Krabs, better known as simply Mr. Krabs, is a fictional character in the American animated television series SpongeBob SquarePants. He is voiced by actor Clancy Brown and first appeared in the series' pilot episode "Help Wanted" on May 1, 1999.Who is #1 in Spongebob? ›
Smitty lived long ago, before Sponge's inhabited Bikini Bottom, back when the world was simpler. Smitty was, forever and always will be, #1. Since he was a boy, smitty ran around with that hat, and despite the large amount made, he was the only one to deserve it.Is this the Krusty Krab quote? ›
Customer #1 : [Patrick is taking the phone calls at Krusty Krabs and the phone rings] Is this the Krusty Krab? Patrick : No, this is Patrick.Is Mr. Krabs a boy or a girl? ›
The other male characters in SpongeBob SquarePants include Squidward, Patrick Star, Mr. Krabs, and Plankton, while the predominant female characters include Pearl Krabs, Sandy Cheeks, and Karen.Why Pearl calls Mr. Krabs daddy? ›
Krabs "daddy" because he is her sugar daddy and not her father.Is Mr. Krabs good or evil? ›
He is the money-obsessed founder of the Krusty Krab and just like Spongebob, he is business rivals with Plankton. Although he is one of the series protagonists, Mr. Krabs is frequently known for having a villainous side throughout the series' run, and can even be seen as the main antagonist in several episodes.What does the Q stand for in Squidward's name? ›
Squidward has two middle names. First in the show (and according to the voice actor) his middle initial J, which stands for Johannsson. However after the episode "Professor Squidward", his middle initial is Q which is said to stand for Quentin.
Who is Pearl's real mom? ›
Pearl's mother, Mrs. Krabs, was another sperm whale who married Mr. Krabs long before "Help Wanted." Pearl is the biological offspring of this whale and Mr. Krabs, and as stated in SpongeBob SquarePants Trivia Book, she simply takes after her mother rather than her father.What's Squidward's full name? ›
Squidward Q. Tentacles is a fictional character voiced by actor Rodger Bumpass in the Nickelodeon animated television series SpongeBob SquarePants.What is SpongeBob's disability? ›
Spongebob: ADHD, Patrick: Down syndrome, Squidward: depression; Mr. Krab: Narcissistic Personality Disorder, Plankton: Bipolar, Mrs.Is SpongeBob's snail a girl? ›
Gary the Snail.
|Garold Wilson Jr. the Snail|
|Address:||124 Conch Street, Bikini Bottom, Pacific Ocean|
|Eye Color:||Red and Black|
|Family:||SpongeBob (owner) Patrick (cousin) Sister Sam (cousin) Sluggo Star (father) Herb and Margie (uncle and aunt)|
Sandy Was Meant To Be SpongeBob's Love Interest
He added that trying out a romantic episode between Sandy and SpongeBob was a strict 'No' for series creator Stephen Hillenburg. When a fan asked if they would still use the idea for a test run, Waller responded by saying 'Well, Sandy's introduction was just that.
This shows a birth date of July 14, 1986, which would make him 13.Is Gary a girl SpongeBob? ›
|Gary the Snail|
|Relatives||Parents: Sluggo Star and Ms. Willson Grandparents: Billy Bob Star and Maw Tucket Owner: SpongeBob SquarePants Uncle: Herb Star Aunt: Margie Star Cousins: Patrick and Sam Star Daughter: Alice Son in-law: Marvin|
Featuring: SpongeBob SquarePants as Joseph. Sandy Cheeks as The Virgin Mary. Plankton as Jesus Christ.What does SpongeBob say instead of cursing? ›
The show often uses nautical/sea-related stand-ins for actual swearing, with examples such as the lines "oh for cod's sake," what the halibut," "holy shrimp," and "who gives a flying fish" respectively. In "Teacher's Pests", Plankton tells Mr. Krabs to "get bent".Who Says Evil SpongeBob? ›
Mermaid Man appears to suffer from memory loss and yells a prolonged "evil!" whenever he hears the word, while Barnacle Boy seems to be the more sensible and more irritable of the two. They are among the few humans who can breathe underwater and speak to the inhabitants of Bikini Bottom.
What do the Krusty Krab flags say? ›
The signal flags hanging on the front of The Krusty Krab do not spell a word. The third signal flag (from left to right, facing the front door) doesn't exist in international nautical code.Who is Pearl's real dad? ›
Pearl KrabsWhat is Pearl's real name in SpongeBob? ›
At first, Pearl's full name was Pearl Crabs and she lived at the Krusty Krab (then called the Crusty Crab) with her father.Is the Krabby Patty pearls mom? ›
Pearl's mother is a great white whale named Patty. Mr. Krabs has been harvesting her for years....What did Pearl's dad have? ›
In 1918 during the influenza pandemic, Pearl is a young woman living with her German immigrant parents on their Texas homestead while her husband, Howard, serves in World War I. Pearl's father is infirm and paralyzed, and her domineering mother, Ruth, insists that she help care for both him and the farm.What are Krabby Patties made of? ›
Ingredients. The Krabby Patty is made out of a frozen meatless burger with buns, the patty, pickles, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, ketchup, mustard, and onions and with other elements according to a Krabby Patty secret formula, though said secret formula has never been revealed in the series.Is Plankton pure evil? ›
Plankton is shown to be an evil mastermind through and through, with signs of having a napoleonic complex due to his very short stature. His plans always involve technological devices and weapons, all for the sake of the formula. Although sometimes, he merely wants to expand his business or ruin the Krusty Krab.What is Sandy Cheeks real name? ›
His birth name isn't Patrick Starr.
It's actually Patrick Simondac.
If you want to see what a word is backwards, you just need to write down that word and reverse the letters. If you do this you will see that Squidward would be D-R-A-W-D-I-U-Q-S.
What is plankton's middle name? ›
Sheldon J. Plankton is a pint-sized microbe with an evil plan… to steal the Krusty Krabs' secret Krabby Patty recipe! Along with his computer wife, K.A.R.E.N., Plankton is always scheming to rule the restaurant business… and the world.Why does Squidward only have 4 legs? ›
Squidward Tentacles is actually an octopus even though he has only six tentacles. Creator Steven Hillenberg said it's because it's just easier to animate him with fewer tentacles. SpongeBob fans are reeling.Who is plankton's wife? ›
Plankton is married to a waterproof computer named Karen, who is also his sidekick and best friend. Karen is Plankton's own invention, assembled from a calculator and a mass of wires.Does Pearl have a gender? ›
One fascinating discovery about the sex of pearl oysters is its influence on pearl quality. Males produce high-valued pearls compared to females. They also produce pearls with good features such as luster, smoothness and evenness, while the pearls produced by females have scratches and are uneven.Do squid have 6 legs? ›
Barring a few exceptions, octopuses have eight arms and no tentacles, while squid and cuttlefish have eight arms (or two "legs" and six "arms") and two tentacles.What zodiac is Squidward? ›
Squidward's Horoscope: Taurus | Are you a Taurus?Is Squidward deaf? ›
The force of the giant bubble popping possibly messed up Squidward's hearing, leaving him partially deaf. Long story short, Squidward could have actually been a great or at least decent musician, but SpongeBob's antics and his own pride got in the way.What is SpongeBob most known for? ›
SpongeBob SquarePants is the protagonist of the American animated television series of the same name. Voiced by Tom Kenny, he is characterized by his optimism and childlike attitude. SpongeBob is commonly seen hanging out with his friend Patrick Star, working at the Krusty Krab, and attending Mrs.Whats something Squidward says a lot? ›
"Too Bad That Didn't Kill Me." Though most people don't actually want to die, everyone is guilty of muttering the phrase "just kill me" every now and then.What is handsome Squidward saying? ›
Handsome! Squidward: Good morning my people! I'm sorry to have kept you waiting, but even I [laughs] strange as it seems, need my beauty sleep.
Does SpongeBob have F word? ›
When he says the whole out loud to Mr. Krabs, he threatens to fire him if he says the word again. Hence, SpongeBob learns that the f word is a bad word.Did SpongeBob use the F word? ›
Did SpongeBob ever cuss? There's no straight-up swearing in the show, although the episode “Sailor Mouth” is all about swearing (although it's all censored) and “Krusty Love” has a scene when he yells unintelligible words that are supposedly swear words.Has SpongeBob ever swore? ›
"Sailor Mouth" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season 2. In this episode, SpongeBob and Patrick learn profanity on the dumpster behind the Krusty Krab, much to Mr. Krabs' horror.What is Squidward's middle name? ›
Squidward's full name is Squidward Quincy Tentacles! His middle name is QUINCY! How many of you got it right? His full name was given initially as "Squidward Johannson Tentacles" but in the episode "Professoer Squidward", his middle name is said to start with a Q.What does SB 129 mean? ›
The episode's title, "SB-129," is a reference to its production code. "SB" stands for SpongeBob, and this was the 29th segment produced for season 1, hence "129." Model sheets, backgrounds, and animation cels for each episode are often labeled with their production codes in the "SB-___" format.What is Squidward say backwards? ›
If you want to see what a word is backwards, you just need to write down that word and reverse the letters. If you do this you will see that Squidward would be D-R-A-W-D-I-U-Q-S.What does Squidward choke on? ›
Squidward comes outside and eats his soufflé while laughing, but in doing so, he chokes on the fork. Patrick saves his life by performing CPR on him (which is basically blowing him up and as the air comes out, the fork can be seen spluttering in between his lips) and becomes Squidward's friend.What is Squidward full name? ›
Squidward Q. Tentacles is a fictional character voiced by actor Rodger Bumpass in the Nickelodeon animated television series SpongeBob SquarePants. Squidward was created and designed by marine biologist and animator Stephen Hillenburg.